Thank you for chairing a session at the 2019 ANZSEBP Conference in Canberra
Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again here prior to your session. You will also find the program details in the printed Handbook
Below are some tips to assist you with the chairing process. Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish all presentations on time and keep to the order in the program.
Before the Session
- All abstracts are available on the conference website and in the conference handbook.
- Printed introductory biographies of presenters, will be supplied to chairs at registration.
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the presenters, to familiarise yourself with the room and to introduce yourself to the AV technician allocated to the room. There will be technicians roaming between the session rooms to load the presentation files and to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- There will be a chair table set up in the room with time cards (5 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute, stop) and a bell for signalling the end of each presentation.
- Advise the presenters that you will be signalling the time and ringing the bell when they have to stop.
- Presenters will load their slides in the room with the AV technician ideally 2 hours prior to their presentation. If they have not done so on arrival, please direct them to the AV technician in the room.
- Presenters will be asked to sit in the front row of the room so they can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- You will be advised of any housekeeping items or program updates by the registration staff or committee. Please announce these at the beginning of the session.
- There will be a Q&A microphone on a stand in the aisle. Ask a member of the audience to be a microphone ‘runner’, if required.
During the Session
- Begin the session on time, announce any housekeeping and ask that all electronic devices are to be turned to silent.
- Please use your phone to keep to time (your phone is more accurate than having individual clocks).
- Introduce each presentation with the title, the presenter and the presenter’s affiliation (see introductory biographies provided at registration).
- For concurrent Short Shots only: If a presentation is withdrawn or a presenter does not arrive do not bring the next presentation forward, use the time for questions (delegates will be planning to come to presentations based on the published session times).
- Ensure each session starts and finishes on time.
- At the end of each presentation be prepared to ask a question if no questions are forthcoming from the audience and time allows.
- Do not ask any questions if the presenter has used all their allocated time.
- Use any remaining time for questions and discussion.